General Job Description
Seeking for individual to manage the AWS (Amazon Web Services) platform and projects in support of business initiatives. This role shall be at the forefront of transformational technology and assisting enterprise customers take advantage of a growing set of AWS services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
The Successful Applicant
- He / She should know well of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and have strong technical background, be detail oriented, and have excellent problem-solving abilities, and be an effective communicator.
- He / She should be familiar with vendor management and able to independently manage 3rd parties that provide cloud and integration services through ITIL processes, and drive SLA adherence through KPI reporting and identify gaps and improvement areas.
- He / She should be passionate about delivering a great customer experience, and desire to contributing to a team goal.
- He / She should have good leadership and customer facing skills that enable you to represent company well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding incidents, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or equivalent experience (Computer Science preferred)
- Min. 5 years in a client facing role, leading and project managing complex, large scale, IT/technical/engineering programs in fast moving environment.
- Direct experience implementing AWS/cloud services
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good experience managing 3rd party service providers and stakeholders
- ITIL Foundation required
- Strong affinity with AWS & network security concepts an advantage
- Experience in a client support and advisory technical role (Solution architect, system administrator, technical account manager or equivalent).
- Experience delivering, designing, and supporting infrastructure services/solutions for distributed systems, virtualization and/or cloud.
- Experience with cloud-based SaaS or PaaS solutions
- Ability to investigate and resolve issues utilizing a structured problem-solving process
- Able to apply knowledge and skills in project management, business analysis and quality assurance
- Maintain and sustain technical and business expertise on assigned business domains and its associated and related technologies
- Work with customers to provide visibility and guidance around their AWS Services through regular Operational Service Reviews and Reporting.
- Be involved in the change management process of the customer’s environment to ensure success and service uptime.
- Engage with relevant executives to understand business needs and to participate in architectural discussions to ensure solution are designed for successful deployment and operation in the cloud.
- Manage 3rd party service provider through Service Level Reviews, Reporting and Management.
- Raise internal awareness of customer impacting bugs and/or issues and drive the appropriate prioritization for fixes and/or responses.
- Champion and advocate for customer requirements within AWS and 3rd party service providers (e.g. feature requests).
- Participate in customer requested meetings (onsite or via phone).
- Provide oversight of escalation, prioritization, and communication and drive customer communication during critical events.