General Job Description
The IT Security Monitoring Analyst is part of the security operation group providing support for security investigations, security information event monitoring, data leakage prevention and incident management. The primary goal of this position is to monitor and perform security investigations on security events. The role requires a highly motivated Security professional to provide extreme attention to detail and documentation focus.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum Diploma grad with module in IT or Cyber Security
Experience in the following:
- Management of IDS/IPS, firewall systems.
- Vulnerability Assessment, penetrating testing & risk assessment using various scanning and penetration testing tools
- Unix, Windows, NT and web server security such as OS tightening, SSO and virus scanning
- Technical knowledge of Application Logs
- Technical knowledge of Data Loss Prevention Logs
- Provide 24×7 Internet Security Surveillance.
- Security Incident Management and Escalation.
- Assists in detection and resolution of problems caused by security incidents.
- Provide first level troubleshooting of Serviced Devices.
- Provide assistance to engineer when perform troubleshooting.
- Perform log analysis of Serviced Devices.
- Review of security updates.
- Keep Serviced Devices software up-to-date.
- Report on assigned operational tasks to Team Lead.
- Generating reports as per customer contract requirements.
- Liaise with customers on security intrusions and provide remedial action